Varsity Golfing Bears won the Panthers/Bears Invitational!
Sonia Hao '24 was Tournament Champion. Marcy Mount '21, Aidan McLaughlin '21, Montse Prado '21, and Berkeley Bundy '24 all placed in the Top 10.
Varsity Softball Bears beat Bishop Lynch 7-5 on Monday, March 29, in their District Debut.
Rachel Kennedy '21 led the team with three RBIs and Kate Nolan '22 hit a two-run walk-off home-run for the win.
JV Tennis Bears had an awesome performance in the TCA JV Invitational Tennis Tournament on Wednesday, March 31. 16 players participated in the three flights.
Awards were earned by:
- Abby Sanders '23 and Meg Gilmore '24
- Courtney Kleinenbroich '24 and Margaret Armstrong '24
- Livia Lange '24 and Dagny Danza '24
- Megan Nuchereno '23 and Katherine Weber '23
- Gigi Sears '24 and Sabrina Benedetti '24
- Ava Phillips '24 and Ella Darlak '24
On Monday, March 29, Tennis Bears, led by Co-Captains Stephanie '22 and Marlo '22, beat Hockaday 4-3.
Qualifying for State to be held in Waco, April 6-7, are the following Varsity members:
- Stephanie Untermeyer '22
- Tess Caracio '24
- Marlo Caracio '22
- Nicole Lawrence '23
- Ava Bittner '23
- Reagan Montgomery '24
Track & Field
The UA Track & Field Bears took on the top public schools in the area at the 56th Annual Jesuit Sheaner Relays the weekend of March 27. Results below:
The Bears finished with an impressive 42.33 points to place 7th overall as a team.
- On Friday, March 26, Devon Vopni '21 took 2nd place in the 3200m in a PR time of 11:19, currently the #1 time in TAPPS 6A in the state.
- On Saturday, March 27, the distance medley relay team consisting of Tess Corrales '24, Bella Zanoni '24, Emma Smith '22, and Erin O'Sullivan '24 placed 2nd overall.
- Tori Wasinger '22 tied for 6th in the high jump.
- Amanda Hogan '22 raced to a new PR in the 800m, finishing 4th.
- The 4x200m relay team of Emma Brodsky '22, Megan Manning '21, Taylor Radack '23, and Abby Rakowitz '22 placed 6th.
- Devon Vopni '21 placed 3rd in the 1600m with a new PR, while Amanda Hogan '22 was right behind in 4th.
- The 4x400m relay team of Grace Geiser '23, Alyssa Jackson '23, Audrey Sims '23, and Tori Wasinger '22 placed 6th.
Track & Field Bears will compete at Prince of Peace in Carrollton on Thursday, April 1.