Varsity volleyball is currently 10-4-1.
Varsity competed in the TAPPS Spikedown Tournament back in August to kick off their season. They ended up placing first, with Freshman Sophia Thornburg & Senior Piper Rutherford being named to the All-tournament team.
Varsity also competed in the Prince of Peace Christian Tournament this past weekend where they went 4-1-1 and finished 3rd.
The JV and Varity VolleyBears will compete at ESD, Tuesday, September 7, with first serves taking place at 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
On August 28, the Running Bears competed in their first meet of the season.
Ursuline was among 65 teams to compete at the Southlake Carroll XC Invite and our runners competed in three divisions:
- Varsity Elite Women 5K (7 runners)- finished in 14th place
- JV Elite Women 5K (13 runners)- finished in 9th place
- JV Open Women 3200m (32 runners)- finished in 5th place
Amanda Hogan '22 led the team with a 4th place finish (running 17:43) in Varsity Elite; the rest of our five scorers were Tess Corrales '24, Olivia Morales '24, Kate Thornton '24, and Zoe Culak '24.
Fernanda Santos '24 was our first JV Elite finisher, finishing in 43rd in a time of 24:06
Campbell Worley '25 (15th place, 12:52) and Gabby Rodriguez '22 (34th place, 13:02) spearheaded the JV Open team, with freshmen making up 4 of 5 scorers in that division.
On September 4, Running Bears competed in the Founders Eagle XC Invite:
- 57 Bears competed in the female division (Varsity and JV combined).
- Ursuline won handily, with our five scorers placing 1-2-3-6-7.
- Amanda Hogan '22 led the group with an 11:12 first place showing, followed by Katherine Reynolds '23 in second and Tess Corrales '24 in third.
- Of our top 10 runners, four are seniors and six are sophomores.
The Tennis Bears have competed in two matches this fall, taking on Coppell HS and Highland Park. They will compete again at Allen High School on September 24, at 3:30 p.m.