The International Thespian Society and Ursuline Drama Club held their annual theatre banquet on Friday, May 17th.
The banquet celebrated a successful school year, and new members were inducted into the International Thespian Society. Theatre awards were handed out for the fall play, The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon, spring musical, Mary Poppins, and spring play, A Trio of Comedies.
Next year's fall play and spring musical were also announced. Pending rights, Ursuline will be performing And Then There Were None, by Agatha Christie and 9 to 5, music and lyrics by Dolly Parton and book by Patricia Resnick.
Highlights from the banquet:
- Student Awards for Outstanding Performers: Alex Banul, Lucas Batalha, Bryan Bowling, Ryan Graham, Samantha Hernandez, Abigail Hess, Ainsley Koch, Cayli Lucia, Kelly Mansour, Kiera Mullany, Marissa Ovenshire, Peyton Roberts, Sonia Stadler, Clara Tschoepe,
- Student Awards for Outstanding Crew: Isabella Hernandez, Katie Kerber, Kelly Mansour, Michelle Perkins, Alyssa Dean, Mary Beth Kemp
- Student Award for Most Enthusiastic: Cayli Lucia
- Student Award for Most Inspirational Senior: Kelly Mansour
- Faculty Awards Honoring Student Achievement in Theatre: Lauren Arnott, Emily Land, and Kelly Mansour.
- International Thespian Inductees: Juniors: Bethany Roberts, Caroline Neal. Sophomores: Almu Vinals, Carolyna Joseph, Claire Herzog, Edie Boyter, Katie Harmon. Freshman: Carlisle Myers, Karina Torres, Michelle Perkins, Olivia Russell, Peyton Roberts, Sarah Jarvis, and Shelby Sawyer.
- 2019-2020 International Thespian Officers: Ainsley Koch, President; Abigail Hess, Vice President; Officers Madeleine Crew and Samantha Hernandez.