Buy and sell Ursuline uniforms, graduation dresses, textbooks, and more on the UA Dallas Trade Page.
We are excited to welcome freshmen and transfer student families to the Ursuline Community! This New Students webpage will provide a place for announcements and information relevant to families of incoming freshmen and transfer students through August. It will filter out general school announcements posted for the current student body. We invite you to view the new Freshman Class Profile.
- Summer School 2019
- Online Enrollment
- Course Placement and Assessment for Incoming Freshmen
- Accommodations at Ursuline Academy
Frosh Start/Summer School
Summer School at Ursuline Academy offers our newest students the opportunity to grow academically while making new friends and becoming familiar with the campus and daily school life. Our program begins with Laptop Rollout and Summer School New Student Orientation on Wednesday, June 6, and ends June 27.
You may choose from enrichment courses, including Frosh Start, or credit courses. Complete course descriptions, times, and details are available in the Summer 2019 Downloads and Links section found on the Summer School 2019 page.
Enrollment deadline: Friday, March 22, 2019
Ursuline Academy uses an online system called My BackPack (commonly called BackPack) to enroll students. It is also used throughout the school year. To accept your admission to Ursuline Academy, you must submit your Enrollment Agreement online through Backpack:
- If you are a current Ursuline family, log in to My Backpack and click on "Online Enrollment."
- If your family is new to Ursuline, follow these instructions to create a My Backpack account to submit your Enrollment Agreement.
- Download the Class of 2023 Registration Checklist or Transfer Student Registration Checklist to ensure you have completed all necessary steps for enrollment
When submitting the online Enrollment Agreement, you will be prompted to pay the Enrollment Deposit of $1,000 via eCheck for $500 tuition deposit, $450 laptop insurance, and $50 parent activity fee.
- Download the ACH/Automatic Debit Authorization form.
- View the Ursuline Tuition and Fees for the 2019-20 school year.
Ursuline offers four languages to study: Arabic, French, Mandarin Chinese, and Spanish. It is a graduation requirement to take three consecutive years of the same language beginning freshman year. Incoming freshmen may select any of the four world languages as their first choice. Learn more about selecting a World Language and review the World Language Course Progression Chart.
- If Spanish is selected as the student’s first choice, a Spanish Assessment is required. An exemption to this assessment is only for those students who selected Spanish and have never previously studied it. The Spanish Assessment is offered April 30 or May 2 from 4:30-5:30 p.m. or 5:30-6:30 p.m. Register for the Spanish Assessment by Friday, April 26, by logging into your Ursuline application on Ravenna.
- If Arabic, French, or Mandarin Chinese is selected as the student’s first choice, students are automatically placed into a regular level one class. All level one regular language courses are basic introductory courses. If a student wishes to enroll in a course higher than level one, an assessment is required to properly place the student. Email Roxana Casco at email@example.com to schedule the assessment on either April 30 or May 2 starting at 4:30 p.m.
Course Placement results will be emailed Friday, May 17. For questions, contact Roxana Casco, World Languages Department Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The English Department considers a student’s ISEE scores, teacher recommendations, previous English grades, and application essay to determine in which English course the student will be most successful. There is no additional assessment required.
Students will have the opportunity to apply for honors or AP classes in the following three years should this be of interest to them. The criteria the department uses for freshmen English placement is not used in the subsequent applications for sophomore-senior year AP and Honors English. Learn more about the English Department Progression Chart.
Course placement will be emailed Friday, May 17. For questions, please contact Kate Schenck, English Department Chair, at email@example.com.
If your daughter would like to enroll in a Math or Science Honors course as a freshman, the Honors Math/Science Assessment is required. The Math and Science Departments use this assessment to best understand the student’s mathematical and scientific thinking. Learn more about the Honors Math and Science Assessment, Math Department Progression Chart and Science Department Progression Chart to evaluate if your daughter is interested in Math or Science Honors.
The Honors Math/Science Assessment is administered by the Mathematics and Science Departments on Saturday, April 27, from 8:00-10:30 a.m. Students should bring pencils and a calculator. Register for the Honors Math/Science Assessment by Thursday, April 25, by logging into your Ursuline application on Ravenna.
Course Placement results will be emailed Friday, May 17. For questions, contact Tammy Yung, Mathematics Department Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Maureen Sullivan, Science Department Chair, at email@example.com.
Supporting Student Learning Styles
Each year, Ursuline Academy of Dallas welcomes a new student body with a variety of learning styles and challenges. In an effort to provide for each student, including those with learning differences, Ursuline offers limited accommodations to support academic success. If your daughter has a documented learning difference, the following accommodations will be available to her while at Ursuline Academy:
- 50% extended time on tests, quizzes, in class essays, mid-term exams and final exams
- Preferential seating to accommodate individual learning needs
How to receive accommodations at Ursuline:
- The student must have current testing (within the past three years) from a licensed professional counselor or educational diagnostician (Doctor’s notes do not satisfy this criteria)
- The evaluation must include both a cognitive and achievement test
- Email documentation by August 12, 2019, to the Personal Counselor, Mary Campise, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the documentation is reviewed, a Personal Counselor will set up an accommodation plan meeting with the parents and student in September.
If you have any questions about your daughter’s specific needs, please contact Mary Campise at 469-232-1877. If you need assistance or have questions after May 31, please contact Rebekah Gilbert at 469-232-1803.
Ursuline students were busy this summer!
The textbooks that your daughter will need for the coming year are available at Follett Virtual Bookstores.
Are you a current parent looking for a way to get engaged?
Visitors to the Ursuline campus must enter through the main entrance and check in with the receptionist using a valid, state-issued ID.
The English Department wishes you happy reading!
The Ursuline Academy community is invited to read a special selection of books this summer.
New Student Downloads & Links
- Enrollment, Tuition, and Financial Information
- Course Placement and Assessment for Incoming Freshman
- Dates and General Information
- Courses and Summer School