Last Friday, August 24, TAPPS made another change due the current UIL announcement. This change now enables us to hold volleyball tryouts from August 17-19. Because of the large number of girls trying out, the Athletic Department will be holding tryouts at Sportsplex as the added space allows optimal mitigation.
- Freshmen will tryout from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- JV/Varsity players will tryout from 7:00-9:00 p.m.
Mandatory Protocols for Tryouts:
- Physical and forms uploaded on RankOne. Validity of physicals have been extended indefinitely. You will need to upload the older physical and fill out all necessary forms on RankOne. If you experience problems with RankOne, please, email Associate Athletic Director Nikki Nester, as she oversees this process.
- Girls will need to fill out a COVID-19 questionnaire every day prior to coming to tryouts. Girls who do not have this filled out, will not be allowed in the facility. You can access the form online.
- All coaches and girls will have their temperature taken prior to participating.
- All girls and coaches must wear masks and remain six feet from each other.
Sportsplex has their own set of protocols that must be strictly followed. For example, girls can enter the building five minutes prior to their tryout time and must leave within five minutes of its conclusion. Parents will NOT be allowed to watch tryouts. Sportsplex guidelines.
Finally, we will be refining the drop off procedure and will send updated protocols.
Questions? Please contact the Athletics Department.