What another outstanding year for Ursuline Athletics!
These are a few of our spring highlights:
- Track repeated as Regional champs and placed fourth at State. Senior Elise Welch won gold in the 3,200 meters, and freshman Amanda Hogan won gold in the 1,600 meters.
- Ursuline Rowing placed third in UA's inaugural varsity eight boat at State.
- Senior Joanna Leitch placed third in the State Tennis Tournament.
- Golf won back-to-back state championships. Junior Courtney Kang placed third overall, and senior Elena Song was fifth. Two days later, coach Amy Ruengmateekhun qualified for the U.S. Women's Open.
- Spring signings included Joanna Leitch committing to play tennis at Austin College. Mackenzie Harrod will coxswain for the University of Central Florida.
- We continued our monthly rosaries. I loved the turnout for our all-sports rosary on Thursday.
None of these successes could have been accomplished without the tireless efforts and support from our Ursuline coaches and families. As Ursuline sets its sights on next year, I am excited to welcome two new head coaches to our outstanding coaching community. Coach Darrin Hedges will take over our storied soccer program, and Coach Tridib Goswami will lead our Tennis Bears to new heights. Cross Country Coach Jonathan Moody will also return as our Track and Field Coach.
Being a student-athlete requires much sacrifice. The following student-athletes earned TAPPS Academic All-State Honors. These Bears excel both in the arena of competition and the classroom. Congratulations and thank you to:
- Basketball: Anna Murray, Bryson Gill, and Gracie Grimes
- Golf: Courtney Kang, Elena Song, and Haley Rickman
- Soccer: Adreinne Bland, Erin Hurlburt, Peyton Robertson, and Sofia Garcia
- Softball: Ava Goldammer, Madeline Claybrook, Mary Chen, Megan Wampner, Nicole Clements, and Rachel Pierce
- Swimming: Abby Dalton, Caroline Hayes, Claire Polak, Priscilla Wongso, and Shelby Van Hyfte
- Track and Field: Erin Daugherty, Anna-Kate Coker, Elise Welch, Gabrielle Rauker, and Sallyanne Tejan
Before we head into summer, I want to thank all the Team Moms and Dads who spend countless hours taking care of our athletes. From meals to banquets, UA parents help our student-athletes build memories that will last a lifetime. What a privilege to be an Ursuline student-athlete.
Enjoy your much-deserved summer break and come back BEAR STRONG!
All the best,
Director of Athletics