Ursuline Athletics is off to a fantastic start this school year!
Here are some highlights from just last week:
- Volleyball upset Bishop Lynch in a five-set thriller after being down 0-2. Thank you to all who came out and supported UAVB. Neuhoff was rocking!
- Our swim team left the KC Invite as Champions.
- Our golf team won the Lewisville Fighting Farmers' Fall Fest.
- Cross Country defended its title at the Jesuit Cross Country Classic at Norbuck Park. The word domination comes to mind as UA came close to a perfect score.
- Our crew team had a successful regatta in Oklahoma City. Ursuline raced in an eight boat for the first time!
It is truly humbling to watch our student-athletes compete both in the arena of competition and in the classroom. Their efforts are unmatched and their dedication to excellence is extremely admirable.
Equally as admirable is the department's continued focus on the Ursuline mission. Volleyball will lead this month's rosary on Friday, October 12 at 7:45 a.m. in St. Ursula's Chapel. Cross Country led our first Rosary, and the chapel was busting at the seams. Starting your morning in prayer is a beautiful way to begin your day. All are welcome to attend.
- We're happy to announce we've added another team to our storied soccer program. A JV Red Team and a JV White Team will join our Varsity Team. Ursuline recognizes the positive impact athletics has on our student-athletes, and we want as many girls as possible benefiting socially, emotionally, and physically from such participation.
- Ursuline continues to grow our relationship with the Notre Dame School. Our volleyball players held a clinic for visiting Notre Dame student-athletes Friday. Skills were taught, but the lasting friendships were the most important. Basketball, soccer, and softball will host similar events this year, and Notre Dame's national champion cheer team will also bless us with a performance during a basketball game.
- Crew now practices at White Rock Lake. This move provides our girls with a better venue to hone their craft. Coach Nick Fazzino has already organized a scrimmage at White Rock. The "Battle for Texas" will be December 1 and feature many teams in Texas. We would love for you to come watch this graceful and demanding sport.
Finally, I want to sincerely thank all of our Team Moms! Your efforts to promote and support UA Athletics is demonstration of your Serviam spirit. Thank you for making our games extra special with food and fun. These efforts will be paid forward as our Ursuline girls one day might do the same for their own children. Thank you for displaying your love for our student-athletes.
Director of Athletics