The Cistercian Varsity Cheer Team competed against more than 350 cheerleaders from area schools at the National Cheerleaders Association Cheer Camp.
Cistercian won the Herkie Team Award, which is awarded to one team demonstrating team spirit, unity, and leadership. Senior Catherine Cook won the Individual Leadership Award for her excellent leadership, and 10 team members were nominated to the NCA All-American Team.
- GameDay Band Chant Top Team: Perform the best GameDay Chant.
- Three Superior Ribbons: Display strong technique, lead the crowd, and perform with no noticeable mistakes.
- Four Spirit Sticks: Showcase the most-sincere spirit and enthusiasm for the day with excellent cooperation, relationships with other teams, and leadership.
- Stunt SAFE Award (one team only): Demonstrate safe technique in stunting and spotting.
- Bid for NCA Nationals: Exemplify excellent qualities including earning a spirit stick, a positive attitude, and good sportsmanship.
- Coach Credentialing: Christine Elias and David Thompson were recognized for their technical knowledge and hands-on training.
Varsity will also host kids — pre-K-sixth grade — at the Little Hawks and Junior Hawks cheer clinic on Friday, September 28. The clinic will be held from 4:30-6:30 p.m. in the Cistercian gyms. The Junior Hawks will cheer for players on the field with a spirit line, and participants will also perform during halftime of Cistercian's football game.