As our Ursuline community prepares for Spring Break, we know that our families are looking forward to their plans for the coming week. We want you to relax and enjoy a rejuvenating break, stay healthy, and stay safe in your travels.
To that end, we encourage everyone planning travel to follow the advice and guidelines of the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS). Because the situation is evolving daily, we also recommend that you stay informed of the latest updates on COVID-19 from these organizations.
Please know that the CDC requests that travelers avoid non-essential travel to Level 3 travel health notice countries including China, Iran, Italy, and South Korea. Travelers returning to the U.S. from or through these areas with widespread, ongoing community spread are being asked to self-quarantine for 14 days at home.
Ursuline has taken and will continue to take steps as needed to help ensure the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff. Global Exchange trips for March have been postponed. E-day protocols have been implemented to ensure continuation of classes during campus closures. Recommended protocols for cleaning and sanitation of facilities are being followed as directed by the DCHHS.
To stay healthy, as advised by the CDC, please continue to follow these preventive measures to help prevent the spread of Flu and COVID-19:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and help young children do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick., stay safe an
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe. Have been
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
We are grateful to have the opportunity to partner with you in the education of your daughters. We will continue to do all that we can to ensure the health and well-being of those entrusted to our care. Travel safely and enjoy the break!