Global Week was one for the books!
"This year's Global Week was unique because of the special guests we were able to bring to campus and because of the timing of The World Cup which is occurring for the first time ever during a school year and not in the summer," said Director of Global Relations Cecilia Nipp.
Eva Campbell '24 loves soccer and absolutely loved watching World Cup games with some of her favorite teachers.
"I also enjoyed the Global Week parade," she said. "It's important to celebrate all of the different cultures around us."
Throughout the week, students not only had the opportunity to watch the World Cup soccer games, but also participated in a variety of sessions like:
- Zumba led by World Language teacher Sophie Greene.
- A presentation by our visiting sisters from Colegio Santa Ursula in Santiago, Chile.
- A grand tour of Brazil and a Favela Art Workshop led by our Global Artist In-Residence, Tatiane Araujo.
- Exploring Lebanon with Jana Elawar '23 who introduced students to the history, geography, and culture of Lebanon.
- Learning about the beautiful Galapagos Islands from Courtney Kleinenbroich '24 while she recounted her visit to these unique islands.
- Traditional Middle Eastern Dance led by World Language teacher Camelia Benhayda.
- And so much more!
"Our visiting artist from Brazil, Tatiane Araujo, and our Keynote Speaker, Chef Darren McGrady, were both able to connect deeply with our students through their compelling personal stories and experiences," said Cecilia. "It was also marvelous to share Global Week with our visiting sisters from Chile."
Shelby Lovejoy '24's favorite part? Chef Darren's keynote presentation.
"I loved hearing from him!" she said.
During Activity periods, students also had the chance to engage in hands-on activities like making Lunar New Year postcards, eating Brazilian snacks, and learning Chinese Yo-Yo.
Ursuline programs and operations are supported by The Campaign for Ursuline. Your gifts will ensure that we will be blessed with generations of Ursuline graduates who will act, move, and believe in ways that will make the world a better place for all of us. Thank you!