Dear Parents and Guardians,
This is an important general reminder during this surge of transmission and cases of COVID-19 in Dallas County and across the country. If your daughter is learning remotely due to any illness with any of the symptoms listed below or has had a possible exposure to COVID-19, we ask that you alert the attendance office and follow these instructions. Continue to monitor your daughter for symptoms of COVID-19 (see below) and do not send your daughter to school if she is ill or exhibiting any of the symptoms.
People with any of these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms. The CDC will continue to update this list as we learn more about COVID-19.
If your daughter has had any of the above symptoms, in order for her to return to campus, Ursuline will need:
- A copy of a Negative PCR test sent to attendance office. PCR test required, not rapid Antigen test.
- OR a signed doctor's note stating that she does not have COVID-19. The note must include a specified alternative diagnosis from the doctor.
To return to campus, please get a PCR test after an illness absence with any symptom of COVID-19.
This may be in addition to a rapid antigen test but a PCR negative test result is the only test we accept to return to school if you have had COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please notify the Nurse's Office and Attendance Office if your student is tested or are instructed to quarantine or isolate by your physician.
- Please notify the Nurse's Office and Attendance Office by email if your student has any close contact (less than 6-feet for longer than 15-minutes) with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, including family members.
We will assist you with the process and can help with all the protocols and procedures.
Suzanne Murray R.N.
Ursuline Academy Nurse