Hello Parents and Guardians,
As we wrap up the 2020-2021 school year, here are a few suggestions for how your daughter can prepare for college, whether that is a few months or few years away:
Parents of All Students
Books, websites, podcasts, and blogs are available to offer support as you help your children navigate high school and the transition from high school to college. We have compiled many of these on the College Counseling Parent Resource Page, under the “General Information” tab.
Graduates Congratulations; we are so incredibly proud of the Class of 2021! Theirs is a class that will always remain in our hearts for the resilience, flexibility, bravery, and humor they displayed throughout the past 14 months. We will send a final transcript to your daughter’s college soon, so it’s important to let us know as soon as possible if college plans change. Post-graduation, unofficial and official transcript requests will go through Parchment; please encourage your daughter to register online.
Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this special time in your daughter’s life. It has been our pleasure!
All Continuing Students
The College Counselors will offer office hours from 9:00 - 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. from Monday-Thursday and 9:00 - 3:30 p.m. on Fridays during the following weeks in June.
- June 7-11: Alicia Estes email@example.com and Jamie Byrum firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 14-18: Sarah Dornak email@example.com and Laura Harrington firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all students to check their class College Counseling Team for updates to summer college fairs and programming opportunities.
As your daughter prepares to submit her college applications this fall, here are a few updates and reminders:
- We have posted the Senior Summer College Checklist with helpful, week-by-week suggestions on how to prepare for the application process in her College Counseling Team, “General” channel.
- In addition to the office hours mentioned above, rising seniors are invited to attend Essay and Resume Workshops each Monday through Thursday from 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 12:30 - 2:00 p.m., alternating morning and afternoon sessions. Students should check their College Counseling Team for the schedule.
- Application help sessions will be offered in early August; more info to come!
- Internships, jobs, and/or community service projects may continue to be limited this summer, but expectations by the colleges regarding summer engagement remain flexible. Senior year will be here before we know it, so your daughter should relax, read for pleasure, and enjoy time with friends and family.
This summer is a great time to begin exploring colleges. Keep in mind that campuses in some parts of the country may remain closed to visitors or limit visits to rising seniors, so checking the tour schedule and registering in advance is wise. Your daughter may also want to pursue community service or employment opportunities. We look forward to focusing more on her college search this fall!
Now that your daughter has completed her first year at Ursuline, she can take a well-deserved break. Taking time to explore her areas of interest will be beneficial as she moves into sophomore year. Encourage her to read for pleasure and to choose books from outside her preferred genre!
We wish all students and families a wonderful summer, and we'll see you in August!
Alicia, Laura, Jamie, Sarah, and Vandana