Since she was a young child, Pat Mendina had wanted to teach, even reviewing the ABC’s and numbers with her teddy bears and dolls.
Excellence in Teaching
Constituting the values and beliefs about excellence in teaching specifically for Ursuline, the Five Pillars of Teaching Excellence are the foundation on which the Academy's professional learning framework is built.
Reflecting the writings of St. Angela Merici, Ursuline educators demonstrate the following pillars of excellence:
- Ursuline educators promote the mission by exhibiting a disposition to teach in an all-girls Catholic environment.
- Ursuline educators show enthusiasm and knowledge about their subject.
- Ursuline educators seek to develop themselves by self-reflection, interaction with colleagues, professional development opportunities, and subject-based research.
- Ursuline educators act in a loving and empathetic manner with their students.
- Ursuline educators continually foster an attitude of cooperation and partnership with students, colleagues, and parents.
This year, we recognize numerous employees for their many years of service to Ursuline Academy of Dallas.
Congratulations to Rachel Clark, this year's Hal and Joann Tehan Award Recipient, and Tammy Yung, Teacher of the Year.
Enthusiasm and Knowledge
Ursuline educators show enthusiasm and knowledge about their subject by:
- Pursuing academic depth while fostering a deep connection to Serviam within a global society
- Teaching with both passion and creativity
- Incorporating innovations from their own and other disciplines
- Creating a culture of high expectations for themselves and their students
May you sustain and carry out vigorously and faithfully the charge laid upon you.
-St. Angela’s Prologue to the Counsels