The COVID-19 vaccine has now been added as an OPTIONAL immunization to the Magnus Student Health records section.
Ursuline Academy provides the following report of current campus impact from the COVID-19 virus. Data is only posted after contact tracing has been completed. Anyone identified as a close contact to those testing positive has been notified. In keeping with Ursuline procedures and privacy requirements, the names of the individuals or details that might indicate their identity will not be released.
The battle against the spread of COVID-19 is still evolving, so we continue to monitor local, state, and federal developments daily, and we are prepared to adjust operations as may be needed. These challenging times absolutely demand the best of all of us, acting in the spirit and tradition of Ursuline Academy to successfully respond to change.
Please know that our most essential partnership is with you, the members of our Ursuline community. We urge our students and families to follow the CDC guidelines, when on campus and off, as well as local, state, and federal recommendations. We know you will encourage your daughters and family members to act responsibly, and to take care of one another.
COVID-19 Information Update as of 4/29/2021:
Our first responsibility is to always try to protect our entire Ursuline community by following best practices to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- CHOOSING SAFER ACTIVITIES: View an infographic from the CDC.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: The CDC has updated its operational strategy for K-12 Schools to reflect the latest science on physical distance between students in classrooms. CDC now recommends that, with universal masking, students should maintain a distance of at least 3 feet in classroom settings. Ursuline classrooms meet this requirement in almost all cases.
- MASK WEARING: We want to clarify for all our families and employees that the COVID-19 mitigation efforts currently in place at Ursuline Academy (physical distancing, contact tracing and quarantining, limiting large group gatherings) will remain unchanged. Mask wearing will continue to be required on campus. Read more.
- QUARANTINE TIMELINES: At this time, we have made no changes to the quarantine timelines. Learn more.
- QUARANTINE EXEMPTIONS: Those requesting an exemption from the required 14-day quarantine will be required to provide Ursuline with certain documents. Learn more.
- REMOTE LEARNING: If your daughter is learning remotely due to any illness with any of the COVID-19 symptoms or has had a possible exposure to COVID-19, we ask that you alert the attendance office and follow these instructions... Read more.