Ursuline Academy of Dallas is seeking a full-time Social Studies teacher. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- bachelor's degree in History, a Social Science, or related field; advanced degree in education and/or content area preferred
- at least two years teaching experience in the Social Sciences and in-depth knowledge of subject matter
- flexibility to teach a wide range of Social Studies courses. Ideally, experience in Psychology and AP Psychology.
- a positive, professional, collaborative work style
- the ability to educate in an engaging manner
- an enthusiasm for collaboration and participation in a community of learners who are excited to grow and engage in giving and receiving feedback
- the dedication to ensure the spirit and life of the school mission
In addition to classroom responsibilities, full-time teachers at Ursuline Academy serve as advisors, actively participate in non-academic student activities such as moderating clubs, chaperoning events, and student supervision, and enthusiastically pursue professional development opportunities as they join a Catholic, independent school culture.
Teaching experience in a Catholic and/or independent school and/or all girls' environment and the ability to teach a breadth of social studies classes are strongly preferred.
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
Contact: Interested applicants should download the Employment Application and Background Check forms, and then email the completed forms along with a resume, letters of reference, cover letter and transcripts of undergraduate or graduate work to