Ursuline Academy of Dallas- Personal Counselor
Ursuline Academy of Dallas is seeking a full-time personal counselor. The Ursuline Academy Personal Counseling Department's mission is to encourage students to develop their potential to the highest possible level with academic and social/emotional support. The department strives to create an environment for students, parents, and faculty that encourages a welcome, trusting atmosphere where student's needs are respected and confidentially observed.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Provide social/emotional and academic counseling for students
- Consult with parents/guardians and faculty regarding social/emotional well-being of students
- Consult with parents/guardians and faculty regarding student academic progress
- Consult and coordinate services with outside mental health professionals regarding a student's therapeutic needs
- Assess the mental health needs of students, including the risk of self-injurious behavior and suicidal ideation, and provide necessary referrals
- Coordinate academic accommodations with students and faculty
- Apply for extended time with ACT and College Board for eligible students
- Participate in professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills related to student well-being, inclusivity, and current adolescent issues.
- Provide appropriate information to school personnel related to plans of action for students with identified academic and/or social/emotional needs
- Collaboration with the Dean of Academics and Dean of Students to address the academic and social/well-being of students
- Develop and present parent and student programs focused on wellbeing
- Participate in student retreats and school wide programs
- Serve as a grade level advisor
- Strong understanding of the Ursuline Mission
- Advocacy and appreciation for, and understanding of, adolescent girls
- Ability to work on a team
- Enthusiasm for working with students, parents, and the school community
- Preferred licensure in counseling/psychology
- Masters or above in psychology/counseling field
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
Contact: Interested applicants should download the Employment Application and Background Check forms, and then email the completed forms along with a resume, letters of reference, cover letter and transcripts of undergraduate or graduate work to