Ursuline Academy of Dallas is seeking a part-time Computer Science teacher to teach up to four classes.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- a bachelor's degree in computer science
- at least two years teaching experience in computer science at the secondary level
- experience with object-oriented design to facilitate teaching Java
- a positive, professional, collaborative work style
- the ability to educate in an engaging manner
- an enthusiasm for collaboration and participation in a community of learners who are excited to grow and engage in giving and receiving feedback
- the dedication to ensure the spirit and life of the school mission
We seek candidates who embrace learner-driven pedagogy and blended learning.
In addition to classroom responsibilities, part-time teachers at Ursuline Academy may serve as advisors, actively participate in non-academic student activities such as moderating clubs, chaperoning events, and student supervision, and enthusiastically pursue professional development opportunities as they join a Catholic, independent school culture.
Teaching experience in a Catholic and/or independent school and/or all girls' environment is strongly preferred.
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
Contact: Interested applicants should download the Employment Application and Background Check forms (found online at https://www.ursulinedallas.org/about/careers), and then email the completed forms along with a resume, letters of reference, cover letter and transcripts of undergraduate or graduate work to email@example.com.