Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
The help desk associate provides support to all faculty, staff, and students at Ursuline Academy, related to computer systems, wireless and Bluetooth connectivity, hardware and software issues, and general AV connectivity. Ursuline Academy is a Microsoft Showcase School and uses O365 extensively throughout the campus. Knowledge of O365 is essential.
- Techno Troubles Tickets
- Printer repair/replace
- Software questions and resolving issues
- Projector emergencies
- Connection issues (internet, OneNote, Teams wireless projectors)
- Email questions/problems
- Hardware failures – troubleshooting on site (workrooms, classrooms, offices)
- Outsource to vendors if needed
- Set up or move equipment when requested (new employees, office moves, etc.)
- Digital signage
- Stevens Labs – language lab system
- Assist in the CAVE/Helpdesk as needed.
- Facilitate problem resolution for laptop software issues, including diagnosis, patching, installation, computer reconfiguration, and/or opening of a ticket with the respective software manufacturer in a timely and efficient manner
- Coordinate hardware repairs of school laptops (student, faculty, staff, and hot spare) through manufacturer or approved third party facility to ensure timely and efficient repairs.
- Keep students, faculty and staff informed of the repair/problem status of their laptops.
- Utilize inventory systems to assign hot spare equipment to students, faculty, and staff in the event a laptop or brick is checked in for repair at the Help Desk, lost or is left at home.
- Utilize inventory systems to assign peripheral technology equipment (external DVD, flip camera, projection devices, etc.) to student, faculty and staff when needed.
- Utilize the inventory system to maintain accurate records for all loaner equipment.
- Maintain reference records for the configuration of faculty laptops, including required software, network drives, printers, etc.
- Configure, update, and resolve Surface Hub issues.
- Support teachers with Surface Hubs.
- Create and configure custom Windows images for incoming freshman student laptops, faculty/staff laptops, and hot spare laptops,
- Create and execute distribution plan of custom images to new laptops in each category,
- Coordinate with Director of Technology for updates to the student handbook as it pertains to technology policy,
- Assist with detailed and accurate documentation of CAVE/Help Desk procedures and processes for Business Continuity Management Plan.
- Assist Director of Technology with planning and implementation of additional projects as required.
- Assist with Rollout as needed – setup of laptops, rooms, and general assistance.
- Coordinate with third party vendors for repair and/or preventative maintenance for in-classroom projector equipment as required.
- Assist Instructional Technologist with planning and implementation of projects as required.
- Assist the Engineering teachers with 3D printers.
- Assist and support during special events and after hours (limited events for entire department) as needed.
- Assist Instructional Technologist with training as required.
- Assist managed services company with hands-on resolution on campus.
- General support of AV systems.
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Proven experience with Microsoft applications and hardware
- Tech savvy with extensive knowledge and experience in O365 applications, databases, and remote access
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Some weekend work may be required
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Teaching and/or working experience in a Catholic and/or independent school and/or all girls environment strongly preferred
- Experience with O365 is required
- Knowledge of networking and laptops as integrated process and equipment of AV
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- An eye for detail
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds occasionally, 40 pounds frequently
- Ability to climb a 6ft ladder
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Ability to pass a background check
- Some after-hours work may be required
Interested applicants should download the Employment Application, Background Check, and Pre-Employment Affidavit forms from the Careers Webpage, under "How to Apply.