Ursuline Academy of Dallas is seeking a full-time teacher for English. The ideal candidate will possess:
• a bachelor’s degree in English or related field; further degrees are preferred
• at least two years teaching experience in English at the secondary school level and in-depth knowledge of subject matter
• the flexibility to teach a variety of English courses and grade levels
• a positive, professional, collaborative work style
• the ability to educate in an engaging manner with unique and creative lessons
• an enthusiasm for collaboration and participation in a community of learners who are excited to grow and engage in giving and receiving feedback
• a forward-looking energy for thoughtful innovation
• a readiness to build a learner-driven classroom culture that embraces student voice and choice
• an understanding of the importance of cultivating student well-being in girls and creating an inclusive, equitable classroom
• the dedication to ensure the spirit and life of the school mission
We seek candidates who embrace learner-driven pedagogy and a commitment to investing in teaching/learning relationships with students.
In addition to classroom responsibilities, full-time teachers at Ursuline Academy serve as advisors, actively participate in non-academic student activities such as moderating clubs, chaperoning events, and student supervision, and enthusiastically pursue professional development opportunities as they join a Catholic, independent school culture.
Teaching experience in a Catholic and/or independent school and/or all girls’ environment is strongly preferred.
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
Contact: Interested applicants should download the Employment Application, Background Check, and Pre-Employment Affidavit forms from www.ursulinedallas.org/about/careers. Email the completed forms along with a resume, letters of reference, cover letter and transcripts of undergraduate or graduate work to email@example.com