The Receptionist serves as the first point of contact and of welcome for those who call or come to visit Ursuline Academy of Dallas. The Receptionist reports to the Executive Assistant to the Principal.
The work of the Receptionist represents in a particular way the hospitality of the school. Graciousness, professional courtesy, and discretion are essential in this role. Because of the entrality of this position, the receptionist needs strong people skills, patience, and flexibility.
The receptionist also executes guidance and processes related to safeguarding students, employees, and visitors. The position serves as the security access point for all campus visitors.
Duties of the Receptionist include:
· Answer all phone calls to the general school number and provide information/handle questions that are of a general nature.
· Maintain accurate information about the time and place of any current general meetings, performances, or other events that people may inquire about.
· Route and transfer calls to proper offices or personnel as needed.
· Monitor and work to ensure proper security access is maintained at each entry point for campus.
· Assist visitors with sign-in and guidance to desired office of destination.
· Assist with school mailings as requested by Principal or her Administrative Assistant.
· Schedule coverage of the reception desk for lunch breaks.
· Channel all packages and mail delivered to front door to proper destination by delivering mail to areas throughout campus and notifying employees of receipt of packages.
· Assist with substitute coordination upon request.
· Assist the DOS office by handing out uniform passes for students when needed.
· Assist the DOS office with giving out VOEs (Verification of Enrollment form).
· Serve as the collection point for various response forms throughout the year, particularly responses sought by Mothers Club or Dads Club.
· Assist with various departments’ projects upon request and as appropriate.
· Respond to other requests for assistance as stated by the Principal or Executive Assistant to the Principal.
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
Contact: Interested applicants should download the Employment Application, Background Check, and Pre-Employment Affidavit forms from www.ursulinedallas.org/about/careers. Email the completed forms along with a resume, letters of reference, cover letter and transcripts of undergraduate or graduate work to email@example.com.