About Ursuline Academy
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women, with enrollment of 850+ in grades 9-12. The Academy is the oldest continuously operating school in Dallas. With a distinguished tradition of academic excellence, innovation, and service, Ursuline educates young women for leadership in a global society. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community. Ursuline seeks faculty and staff who meet a high standard of professional and personal excellence. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Ursuline has recently completed a comprehensive fundraising campaign, funding significant support for its endowment, operational priorities, and transformational enhancements to its physical campus. During the 2023-2024 academic year, Ursuline will celebrate its sesquicentennial (150th anniversary). As we look to the future, we will continue to elevate our giving and engagement programs in the most strategic and purposeful manner.
The Fundraising Events Officer serves as a key member of the Ursuline Development team and reports to the Chief Development Officer. This full-time exempt position is responsible for two priority components of Ursuline’s Development operation:
- Plan and execute Mardi Gras Gala, in support of scholarships, as part of our annual fundraising program, inclusive of strategy, event production (logistics, budget, communication, vendors and auction software platforms), and volunteer support.
- Oversight of Ursuline volunteer management, which purposefully and strategically engages community members in Ursuline’s educational mission.
- Event-Based Fundraising
- Oversee volunteer efforts, communications, event production, and event-based solicitation strategies for Ursuline’s annual auction, which provides essential operational support for scholarships.
- Serve as primary point person for volunteers involved in constituent engagement programs and partner with them to develop strategies and execute activities.
- Manage coordination of event logistics from initial planning to implementation.
- Prioritize guest experience and ensure that their interaction with the Academy is seamless and consistent with the highest level of professionalism.
- With the assistance of the Events and Operations Manager, facilitate communications among volunteers, event vendors, etc. and internal staff members.
- Provide timely internal communications to ensure that Academy leadership and team members are well-prepared for their respective roles in event production. Ensure proactive event RSVPs and Run of Shows.
- Develop and manage budget for the annual auction. Assist with disbursement of the Parent Activity Fee.
- In partnership with the Principal’s Office, provide oversight of the Mothers Club and Dads Club to ensure volunteer activities remain focused on strategic priorities as established by the Academy,
- As liaison for Development with these groups, guide effective utilization of Academy staff and financial resources to achieve objectives. Seek opportunities to streamline volunteer activity, enhance communications, and reduce redundancies.
- Identify, recruit, and steward volunteers for the planning and execution of Ursuline’s annual auction.
- Provide oversight and coordination of Ursuline’s Volunteer Mail Team Program.
- Collect volunteer interests and share with internal departments. Track volunteer participation.
- Collaborate with Communications Department to develop strategic communications plans that promote event-based fundraising activity and volunteer involvement.
- Regularly contribute content to the Communications Team for inclusion in Academy publications, marketing communications, emails, and social media.
- Some evening/weekend work will be required.
Education, Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Event based fundraising experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization, educational institution, or other business environment. Experience with auction events preferred.
- Strong volunteer management and ability to interact with a variety of personalities. Must display excellent customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with a wide range of constituencies.
- Strong writing skills; time and project management, organization, and planning skills; ability to be resourceful, proactive, and multitask in a team environment. Attention to detail is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software.
- Experience working with a constituent database (i.e., Raiser's Edge, etc.) preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by visiting www.ursulinedallas.org/about/careers and following the “How to Apply” instructions.