About Ursuline Academy
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women, with enrollment of 850+ in grades 9-12. The Academy is the oldest continuously operating school in Dallas. With a distinguished tradition of academic excellence, innovation, and service, Ursuline educates young women for leadership in a global society. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community. Ursuline seeks faculty and staff who meet a high standard of professional and personal excellence. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Ursuline has recently completed a comprehensive fundraising campaign, funding significant support for its endowment, operational priorities, and transformational enhancements to its physical campus. During the 2023-2024 academic year, Ursuline will celebrate its sesquicentennial (150th anniversary). As we look to the future, we will continue to elevate our giving and engagement programs in the most strategic and purposeful manner.
The Events and Operations Manager provides essential services to support success of Ursuline Academy development strategies, implementing event-based stewardship and cultivation activities to meet goals for fundraising. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, this position works collaboratively with members of the Development Team and partners with the many volunteers who support these efforts. This is a full time 12-month exempt position.
- Collaborate with Development Team in the planning and implementation of stewardship/cultivation events, coordinating event logistics and ensuring that Academy leadership and team participants are well-prepared for respective roles in event production.
- Prioritize guest experience to ensure their interaction with the Academy is cordial and consistent with the highest level of professionalism.
- Events include but are not limited to: Alumnae Memorial Masses, Career Day, Easter Egg Hunt, Alumnae Weekend, Alumnae Board Luncheon, President’s Circle Dinner, and new family events.
- Collaborate with Communications Team on event messaging, invitations, registrations, email communications, photography needs, etc.
- Facilitate communications with event vendors (caterers, audio/visual, insurance, etc.).
- Submit internal event management requests, coordinating with facilities, technology, and other campus partners; facilitate event RSVPs, nametags, attendee communications, etc.
- Partner with volunteers to execute events; generate proactive and timely communications to ensure that volunteers are well-informed about their roles and responsibilities.
- Foster relationships that enhance volunteer affinity for the Academy. Steward volunteer involvement and achievements as appropriate.
- Track event volunteer and event attendee involvement for metrics purposes.
- Supporting the Chief Development Officer (CDO), manage meeting preparations for Ursuline Foundation Board, Development Committee of the Board of Trustees, and volunteer committees. Attend meetings and take minutes as needed.
- Assist CDO with day-to-day budget management activities.
- Maintain inventories of office supplies and hospitality goods.
- Some evening/weekend work will be required.
Education, Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years’ work experience, preferably in a development office, nonprofit organization, educational institution, or other business environment. Familiarity with independent and/or Catholic schools a plus.
- Good interpersonal communications skills to interact effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Strong writing skills.
- Time and project management, organization, and planning skills; ability to be resourceful, proactive, and multitask in a team environment. Attention to detail is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software.
- Experience working with a constituent database (i.e., Raiser's Edge, etc.) preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by visiting www.ursulinedallas.org/about/careers and following the “How to Apply” instructions.