Under limited supervision, plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and evaluates activities of the Facilities Department in support of Academy policies and procedures. The Director of Facilities is responsible for maintaining all buildings, building systems and grounds to ensure a safe and clean environment for students, faculty and staff. Coordinates and administers daily facility activities through subordinates and/or contract services.
The Director of Facilities reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer who, in turn, reports to the President of the Academy.
• Manages all onsite and outsourced contracts including landscape services, energy management system, telephone equipment, HVAC, cleaning service, plumbing, etc.
• Collaborate with the Director of Security regarding plans for security enhancements (electronic door access, cameras)
• Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives
• Develops and manages the annual budget for facilities and capital needs (building improvements, FF&E)
• Coordinates long range plan for plant replacement, renovation and maintenance.
• Recommends, participates in the development of Academy policies and procedures relating to facilities.
• Liaison to the Building & Grounds and Facilities Standards Committees.
• Represents Ursuline Academy to various institutional divisions as well as government agencies, funding agencies, students and their parents, and/or the general public.
Responsibilities & Activities
Operations and Maintenance
• Recommends and signs all contracts, within policy limits, pertaining to the department and submits those required by policy for final approval to the CFO and President.
• Maintains all documentation and licensing necessary to lawfully operate equipment and facilities.
• Ability to supervise and train assigned staff including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
• Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow and operating procedures.
• Knowledge of facility records management policies and procedures
• Maintain appropriate documents and records as required by federal, state and local regulations.
• Coordinates all requests for alterations to present structures including obtaining proper authorization.
• Works in concert with all appropriate persons involved in authorized capital improvement projects.
Leadership and Strategy
• Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long range plans in an effort to extend the useful life expectancy of buildings and facilities.
• Skill in reviewing current operating procedures and policies and to make recommendations to change and implement new procedures and strategies.
• Assists in the development of Campus Master Plans.
• Assists Director of Security in regular fire and tornado drills.
Finance and Business
• Ability to develop and review budgets and identify potential cost saving opportunities.
• Proficient in Excel and Word
• Knowledge of SchoolDude MaintenanceDirect, PMDirect, FSDirect and PDDirect is preferable
BA in field of concentration
Ten years or more of experience in facility management, preferably in a school environment
Collaborative communication and leadership style along with a desire to cultivate leadership
Comfortable in the realm of technology
Excellent interpersonal communication skills