The words "thank you" cannot adequately express my gratitude for your friendship, your generosity, and your support of the Ursuline mission. You are truly making a difference in the lives of our students and for future generations of Ursuline girls.
- The 192 graduates in the Class of 2017 were accepted at 167 colleges and universities in the U.S. and abroad, and offered merit scholarships totaling over $24 million.
- We are proud of our current enrollment of 840 plus students and Ursuline's 198 academic offerings, including 43 electives and 20 online courses.
- Ursuline students gave more than 30,000 hours in service to non-profit organizations community-wide.
- Technology continues to be used daily to enhance teaching and learning, as students create their own smartphone apps, perform virtual surgeries, and design prosthetic limbs for three-legged dogs. Teachers learn the latest software and technology resources through ongoing professional development.
- Ursuline's program of global relationships and cultural exchangescontinues to thrive. In 2016-17, the Academy hosted nine visiting delegations in Dallas. Our students traveled on seven international delegations to sister schools. A total of 158 UA students participated as either hosts or delegates. Students were also active in the Academy's partnership with the World Affairs Council, world youth leadership conferences, mission trips, and study abroad.
- Ursuline has set a high bar for training teachers to educate global leaders of tomorrow. We have completed year two of implementation of a professional learning framework inspired by our five pillars of teaching excellence.
- The Ursuline Sisters Central Province Leadership Team commended the Academy on the "extremely collaborative nature" of our 2017 Ursuline Identity Assessment, affirming and confirming that strong Ursuline identity is a "lived and loved reality" at Ursuline Academy of Dallas.
- Ursuline successfully completed its 10-year reaccreditation with Independent Schools of the Southwest (ISAS). An intensely collaborative, thoughtful, and professionally invigorating peer review process, accreditation with ISAS holds institutions to the highest educational and ethical standards. Membership in ISAS brings significant advantages, including professional development opportunities, confidence and creativity building activities for students, and sharing of research and other resources among an open and supportive professional community whose members share a commitment to excellence and educational values.
Over the decades, with leadership and guidance from the Ursuline Sisters, Ursuline's growth and success has benefitted from progressive vision shared by a devoted community, and the apostolic care our educational ministry entrusts to us. As we look forward, combining the timelessness of our Ursuline values with the timeliness of growth and innovation will provide a tremendous future for Ursuline education in Dallas.
Ursuline's new strategic roadmap focuses on five interconnected imperatives, all putting THE STUDENT at the very center. We will continue to develop programming which supports student personal growth, leadership, and well-being. We will continue to recruit 21st century faculty who are mission-congruent, embrace innovation and collaboration, have a growth mindset, and engage in personalized learning approaches. And we will take steps to provide the campus setting needed to support these goals.
Ursuline's future remains bright and full of possibilities, thanks to a mission that, at its core, continues to strengthen the Academy's commitment to spiritual, intellectual, service, and community formation. We are tremendously grateful for the many loyal, dedicated, and passionate families, alumnae, faculty, the governance and leadership of the school, and other friends who share the vision to ensure our strategic roadmap for the future.
In all of Ursuline's great programs, and in all we accomplish, each of you plays an extraordinary part. We would not...we could not be where we are and where "Our Tomorrow" will take us without you.
Yours in Christ,
Gretchen Z. Kane